ClearOne BMA CT Ceiling Tile Beamforming Mic Array
The BMA CT is a patented ceiling tile beamforming microphone array that blends in perfectly with today’s drop ceilings. Built-in acoustic echo cancellation, noise cancellation, and beam selection eliminate the need for per-beam processing in a DSP mixer - requiring fewer DSP mixer resources.
Integrated features can significantly reduce system design complexity, simplify installation, consume less rack space, and lower cost.
- Single workflow for configuration using Pro Console® software. No need to program separate components: Ethernet switch, BMA CT, Dante® controller, and DSP mixer.
- Daisy-chain up to three ceiling tiles via P-Link for larger conference setups – for simpler wiring and longer distances compared to networked “home run” connections.
- ClearOne’s BMA technology is protected by at least a dozen patents and pending patent applications.
- Each ceiling tile microphone array supports long distance P-Link mode with 200 m / 650 ft between tiles, for a total cable reach of 600 m / 1950 ft
- Supports three different ceiling grid types: 24-inch, 600 mm, and 625 mm; as well as hard-ceiling mounts.
- It’s all about the ClearOne architecture!
- Built-in 2 x 10 Watt into 8-ohm power amplifier conveniently drives loudspeakers.
- Adaptive steering (think of it as smart switching) - no need to adjust individual beams - for impeccable room coverage.
- Number of Beams: Two patterns, either 5 or 6 beams
- Polar Pattern: Custom
- Frequency Response: 150Hz – 16kHz, +/- 3dB
- Dynamic Range: 150Hz – 16kHz, > 70dB
- Uses P-Llink channels and C-Link channels based on configuration
- Type: 5.08mm Black Header, Male, Phoenix type Euroblock
- Audio: 2 channels
- Output Power: 2x10W Max, 8Ω load*
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 22kHz @ +10dBu, +/ 0.5dB
- THD + Noise: 20Hz – 22kHz @ +10dBu, 1W, < 0.2%
- Dynamic Range: 20Hz – 22kHz @ +20dB, > 102dB, with 20kHz digital low pass filter
- Crosstalk: Channel to Channel, stimulus at +20dBu receptor 10W output 8Ω load, 20Hz – 22kHz, < -60dB
- 4 LED indicators on one end of unit:
- Mute/Un-mute configuration with 8 color options, two blink patterns and warning indications
- Beam enable/disable
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC) on/off
- Noise Cancellation (NC) on/off
- All Pass
- Low Pass
- High Pass
- Automatic Level Control (ALC) on/off
- Gain adjust
- Mute on/off
- Auto gate/Manual gate
P-LINK PERIPHERAL BUS
- P-Link In & Out: Proprietary Network
- Ports Type: RJ-45
- Cable: RJ45 Cat5e, Cat6, Expandable
- Distance: Up to 650 ft.
- Up to 3 Array units and additional P-Link compatible devices with each supported CONVERGE Pro 2 unit in the same chain
- Up to 6 array units in the same P-Link chain with 2 supported CONVERGE Pro 2 units connected through C-Link
- Long Distance P-Link:
- Increases P-Link distance from 200 ft. to 650 ft.; (200M) max cable distance between any two units; Cat6, 550 MHz, 23 AWG, solid conductor cable;
- Do not use Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) cable
POWER SELECTION SWITCH
- Type: Slide Switch
- Slide toward P-Link to power device by P-Link
- Slide toward PoE to power device by PoE Injector
CONFIGURATION & ADMINISTRATION SOFTWARE
- Pro CONSOLE® Software
- Ceiling mount (24” or 600mm drop-ceiling grid)
POWER & THERMAL
- Power Type: PoE
- Port Type: RJ-45
- Power Source: PoE Injector or equivalent
- PoE: IEEE 802.3at compliant devices providing 56V and 640 mA (36 W).
- P-Link In - Mode B
- PoE In - Mode A and Mode B
- *BMA CT requires its own PoE (IEEE 802.3 at compliant) if 2x10W speakers are driven
- Power Consumption:
- 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz
- 9.1 Watt typical without speaker amp
- 38W at max power 1kHz (2 x 10W)
- Thermal: 130 BTU/Hr at max power
- Operating Temperature: 14° F/-10° C to 104° F/40° C ambient temperature
DIMENSION & WEIGHT (WxHxD)
- 24” BMA CT:
- 23.72 x 23.72 x 2.13” (602.5 x 602.5 x 54.1mm)
- 600 mm BMA CT:
- 23.33 x 23.33 x 2.13” (592.5 x 592.5 x 54.1 mm)
- Unit Weight: 7.7lbs (3.5kg)
- Shipping Weight: 11.5lbs (5.2kg)